Tuesday, April 19, 2011

T-shirt request and an announcement!

We still have some shirts available from the Little Rock 5K. If you ordered a shirt... pretty please get in contact with us so that we can get you your shirt!  Anyone else that wants one we have a few extras for sale.
email: prayersforliz@live.com
We have shirts for:
Alicia H, Allison R, Amanda T, Rachel L, Kristine S, Tara D, Jana P, Bree S, Alex H, Britany L, Kat H, Jennifer C, Sara M, Emily B, Katie E, Robin W, Wendy L.  Justin L

We also have 1 xs and 1 small youth size to whomever wants them! 

_______________________________________________________________
It has been my honor to write this blog on behalf of Elizabeth and her family.   At this time, I am REJOICING in the miracle that is Elizabeth. I am pleased to tell you that Elizabeth will be taking over this blog! 

I want to thank each of you for reading this blog over the last 6 months. I can't believe anyone would want to read what I write... but in case you do, you can follow my personal blog HERE.

My faith has been tested these last months and I know that the Parsley family has likely experienced one of the most trying times of their lives. It is easy to ask why... and we all have. The author of "Crazy Love" by Frances Chan sums it up best:
"Not being able to fully understand God is frustrating, but it is ridiculous for us to think we have the right to limit God to something we are capable of comprehending.  What a stunted, insignificant God that would be! If my mind is the size of a soda can and God is the size of the oceans, it would be stupid for me to say He is only the small amount of water I can scoop up in my little can.  God is so much bigger, so far beyond our time- encased, air/food/sleep- dependent lives."


I believe that we were put on this earth to glorify God. I also believe that it is God's intention to have a personal relationship with each of us.  As the Easter season is upon us, I pray each person that reads this blog knows and understands that the God of the Universe loved us SO much that He sent His one and only Son to earth to die on the cross. Because we are sinners, someone had to pay for our sin and Jesus Christ was and is the ONLY one that could take our place since He lived a perfect, SINLESS life. He was tortured and killed... BUT... he ROSE AGAIN 3 days later!

When we accept the free, yet costly gift that Jesus gives us- we commit to dying to our own ways of this world and living for Him for the rest of our days.

Should Elizabeth have lost her life in the car accident 6 months ago, she would be in Heaven with Jesus because she has chosen to follow Christ. I pray that if you have not made this same commitment that you would do so.  It is the most important decision you will ever make.  If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at heather.richardson@live.com

 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16
_______________________________

And now... I give you Ms. Elizabeth Parsley

2 comments:

  1. Heather - It has been so encouraging and uplifting to read this blog. I have followed from the beginning and have been amazed at the words of God spoken through you. I'm sure you didn't feel it at the time, but you always knew just what to write. My prayer life was strengthened by committing to pray for Liz. Thank you for your desire and dedication to the Parsley family and to the blog. You have touched more lives that you know.
    Rhonda - UCA, DZ 1999

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Heather!!! YOU are such a blessing to me and I THANK our Lord for putting you in my life!!! I would like to say, and know everyone agrees because I have heard it from many people: You are SOO amazing at writing this blog and God has done work through you! He continues to make Himself more and more known and i am thankful for that! He is our true healer! I am blessed to have been 'chosen' for others to see how GREAT and POWERFUL He can be! He is!!! Thank you! Thank you Heather!! For putting your heart, soul, relationship, and energy into this blog. You are ONE of a kind and I am so happy to know you! I love you! SO BLESSED! SO THANKFUL!
    love u and thank you from the bottom of my heart-- Liz

    ReplyDelete